I’ve been in this business for over a decade and one thing that has stayed consistent is the opportunities for web publishers to make money with affiliate programs. Just about every website you go to nowadays has some sort of affiliate/reseller/partnership program.
But can you really make money? And is the amount of money you might bring in really worth it? Well I intend to find out. Starting at the beginning of 2011 I’m going to perform an experiment with affiliate program opportunities to assess just how someone can make a living on their income from affiliate programs, like the author of ‘How to Make Money With Affiliate Programs’ published on the 2createawebsite.com website.
From the research I’ve done so far, the key to really making money is coming up with a good affiliate plan. You can’t just sign-up for every affiliate program you see and place links all over your site all “willy-nilly”. There has to be a strategy.
I like the affiliate strategy documented on WhyDoWeWork.com website. It emphases the following tactics:
- Browsing through many possibilities – There are so many affiliate programs out there as I indicated earlier that it could make your head swim. Find the ones that either is the focus of your blog or website, or perhaps you are a subject matter expert in.
- Create a landing page – I like this one! Most of us simply place the banner or link that the website provides and we’re done. We don’t put much effort into. But as web designers and developers we have a unique opportunity to give more focus to these affiliate products or services. This also gives you an change to enhance the SEO to this page, thus increasing your traffic.
- Capture emails for future sales – I never thought about this one. Just because your promoting someone else’s product these are still your customers. Keep them up-to-date with new services, products and/or information.
Now so far if this sounds like a full-time job…well yeah I agree. But if it pays full-time money then it will definitely be worth it.
As I move forward into my Internet experiment I’ll keep my readers informed of my progress and any tips I pick up as I go. If you’re like me, you make recommendation all the time to your clients about products and services, why not get paid for it.
This tool is © affiliatetips.com
Here are some more resources you might find interesting about making money with affiliate programs, and stay up-to-date with my future posts related to my affiliate venture by subscribing to my RSS feed.
- How To Get Rich Using Affiliate Programs – http://www.whydowork.com/forums/how-get-rich-using-affiliate-programs-t16486.html
- 5 Lessons for Making Money With Affiliate Programs – http://www.problogger.net/archives/2008/09/04/5-lessons-on-making-money-with-affiliate-programs/
- How to Make Money with Affiliate Programs – http://www.2createawebsite.com/money/affiliate.html
- To Really Make Money on the Internet with Amazon.com Affiliate Site – http://entrepreneurs.about.com/od/homebasedbusiness/ht/amazonaffiliate.htm
- Make Money with Affiliate Programs – http://www.homebiz-direct.com/make-money-with-affiliate-programs.html
Use our calculators to help improve your site revenue
Share your experience or tips about making money with affiliate programs with us.